How You Can Help
Volunteering in Carroll Park does not require a large time commitment – you can volunteer for as little as an hour or two. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Lend a hand – If you see volunteers working in the park, stop and lend a hand. Check the calendar to see upcoming volunteer opportunities and come by, or email us if you would like to volunteer for something not listed.
- Adopt a garden – We can supply the tools and you supply the creativity. This is a great project to do with your kids. Teach them about science and nature while demonstrating the importance of volunteering and respecting the environment.
- Join Friends of Carroll Park – We are always looking for new people and new ideas. If there is a specific program you’d like to see, come to our meeting and share it with us. We’ll happily lend you our resources and support.
- Garden – Carroll Park shares a gardener with many other parks in the district, so he is only at Carroll Park once every few weeks. The majority of the gardening that keeps our park lush and beautiful is done by volunteers. Weeding, planting and pruning are always ongoing. Kids love to dig in the dirt and watch things grow, so bring them with you to help.
- Fundraise – Friends of Carroll Park pays for necessities not covered by the Parks Department. This includes anything from extra cleaning supplies to art supplies for our summer Parks Associate program. We also raise money to pay for all the special events programming that happens in the park.
- Help with Special Events – In the past, Friends of Carroll Park has organized free concerts, movie nights, flea markets, carnivals and the Halloween Parade. All these activities are planned, organized and run by volunteers. You can make phone calls, send emails, distribute flyers, or help out on the day of an event. These small time commitments (usually an hour or two) can really help.
- Kids’ Concerts - For the past several years, Friends of Carroll Park has organized a summer concert series for children. Please contact us for more information or to join our mailing list.
- Promotions - If you’re a graphic designer, we can always use your help creating flyers for events and updating our website.
- Donations – All tax-deductible donations are used to pay for supplies, special events and maintenance projects. Local business owners are encouraged to sponsor events. Just email us for details.
We hold monthly meetings on the first Thursday of the month at 7:30PM in the park house. These meetings are open to everyone so feel free to come by to offer support and share your suggestions. If you can’t make it, just email us at email@example.com with any questions or comments.